Because democracy is not a spectator sport
The League of Women Voters of Sudbury is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. We influence public policy through education and advocacy.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- How can you join our grassroots organization?
PALLIATIVE CARE HEALTH CARE FORUM
Health Care Options for All Stages of Life
A panel discussion on palliative, comfort, and end-of-life care, followed by a time for comments and questions.
The panel features:
- Dr. Mark Yurkofsky, Medical Director of Parmenter's Hospice program and Medical Director of Spaulding Nursing and Therapy Center, West Roxbury discuss Palliative Care: Scope, Accessibility and Quality of Life.
- Kris Thurston discusses her son's experience with STEPS (Success Through Education, Psychosocial support, and Socialization), one aspect of pediatric palliative care.
- Marilyn Ellsworth, RN speaks about her personal perspective on end-of-life care.
- Robin Kampmann Gunderson of The Parmenter Foundation will discuss Advance Care Planning.
The free forum takes place on Sunday, November 3 from 2:30 to 4:30 pm at the Goodnow Library located at 21 Concord Road in Sudbury.
The event is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Sudbury and the Parmenter Foundation. For more information, call 978-443-8609 or visit http://www.parmenter.org.
Bill Place honored as a River Steward
Bill Place, Director of Sudbury's Public Works Department, has been selected as the 2013 River Steward for Sudbury. Bill was nominated by the Hop Brook Protection Association for his support of their efforts to harvest invasive plants from Carding Mill and Stearns Ponds. Bill has always gone beyond the requirements of his job in helping to improve the quality of water of Hop Brook. The River Steward Awards are a joint project of the League of Women Voters and the SuAsCo Rover Stewardship Council.
A Special Thank You to our Supporters!
SHERRILL P. CLINE
Attorney at Law
Personal Injury * Wills * Real Estate firstname.lastname@example.org
The Victoria Building, 277 Main Street, Marlborough
Toll Free 800-422-2210
439 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
978-443-3575 Catering: 978-440-9749